Sunday, August 24, 2008

A couple of weeks ago did I get tagged by
Jennifer of Cottage Flair,
so here we go, seven things about myself

1. I’m born in Sweden and moved to California with my Swedish husband in 1993, it was scary and exiting at the same thing. So many new things to learn, such as how do you pay your bills, a whole new way to measure and weigh things (in Europe everything is based on the metric system), I quickly learned you don’t bag your groceries, well I didn’t know …….and the list goes on.


2. I bought my first Crockpot ever last year and now I’m a Crockpot addict, that is one of the best things ever invented, I use it several times every week and I’m not sure how we could survive without it ;0)

3. I have only owned one pair of high heels in my whole life and will probably never own another pair again, give me a pair of sandals and I’m a happy camper.

4. I was a vegetarian for almost 10 years and what gave me in was I craved smoked sausage of all things and some other weird stuff that I can’t mention here because it would grouse you out………

5. I bought my first motorcycle in 1978, my Harley in 1980 and I still own the same Harley today. Don’t ride it that much anymore but I do fire it up once and awhile for a short ride.

6. My only run-in to a famous person is that I sat next to Lorenzo Lamas on a shuttle one time.

7. We don’t have any kids but we do have two spoiled rotten Kitties that rules the house!!

22 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

Thank you for sharing your 7 things, just love reading about all the Pink Ladies. Had my first crock pot 30 years ago am now on my second, just love them. Try rice pudding it comes out really creamy.

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Helene, Wow! that's a big move..are you in Santa Clarita? :)
Thanks for sharing..
Love reading about you, and your cute kitties.
Cindy :)

Stina said...

Hej gumman!
Vad trevligt att få läsa lite om dig. Mysigt!
Kramis

Lisa McDonald said...

Helene ~

Thanks for letting us in on 7 uniques things about yourself. I love that fact that you own a Harley. I'm a big fan of them myself.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Anonymous said...

I loved the information! Thanks for sharing!
Susan *dutchrose*

Dianne Long said...

Hi Helene! I enjoyed your 7 things post! I would never have guessed you to be a biker! Awesome! Ohh and you made me hungry too with the crock pot talk. I think I might see if I have enough stuff on hand to make up a batch of tomato veggie soup and cornbread muffins for dinner tonight. I could let it stew all afternoon in the crockpot! Thanks for the inspiration!

Marie-Nostalgi och Romantik said...

Hej!
Så roligt att höra ifrån dej! Du mailade ju mej om vax-duk tidigare i våras. Hur gick det? Hittade du någon?
Hoppas ni hade det härligt när ni var på Sverige-besöket.
Det var ju kul att du har fixat till en blogg också, så nu kan jag få höra lite om liver Over there!
Jag lägger upp dej i min länklista, så jag inte tappar bort dej.
Kram
Marie

gail said...

Well, who woulda known,,, a motorcycle chick! LOL Thats so cool. Thanks for sharing you life. I am also a big crockpot fan. Have a great week. luv, gail

Cottage Flair said...

Helene,
Great post with your seven things. I have enjoyed reading everybody's.
Jennifer

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Love your seven things. We have two cats that run our house too...and I looooove my crock pot LOL.

(())

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Helene it was so fun getting to know you through your seven things. You cracked me up about the crock pot. Love your furry kids. They are adorable. Too cool about your Harley. You go girl!
Hugs,
Michelle

Shabby Shan said...

Helene,
Thank you for sharing your 7 things about yourself. It is really nice to get to know you!

Shannon
shabbyshanscottage.blogspot.com

Inka Smith said...

Oh Helene...a Harley Chic!!! Me too but I ride on the back with my sweetie. Wish I had my own.
Inka

Deb said...

Hi Helene.....OMG, sitting my Lorenzo Lamas would've done me in for sure!!! Thanks for telling us a little about yourself. :)

Pink hugs,
Debbie

cathy said...

I enjoyed reading about your 7 things Helene! I'm a crock pot addict too. Your kitties are cute.

Patricia said...

That was so cute Helene, thanks for sharing your 7 things. Crock pots are the best! A busy gal's best friend.
Pat

Silena said...

Hi Helene,
You sound absolutely delightful! There was a time when my DH and I, also, rode motorcyles...in our "free spirited youth" days. I am so glad that you live here now and it sounds like you have adjusted very, very well. Thanks for sharing!!

Susie said...

Hi Helene! I sure did love reading the seven things about you. A great Show and Tell.
Susie ~ The Polka Dot Rose

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Helene,

It was fun reading about you. That was a big move and I bet a big adjustment. Have a great week.
Carrie

Husbilsresan said...

Hej på dej!
Kul att läsa lite om dej...och vad häftigt med vagnen...den ser ju ut som min dockvagn!
Så du kör MC...min gube har en,så jag får sitta där bak jag.
Ha en fortsatt skön vecka!
Kram/Gunn

Stina said...

Hoppas att du får en bra dag idag. Kram Stina:-)

Cottage Flair said...

I enjoyed your post and photos about you. These have all been so fun to read.
Jennifer